Job Code 78601
Provide Islamic religious guidance, practices, and leadership to the Muslim community of Masjid Al Fatima, Edmonton according to the teachings of the Holy Quran and the Sunnah of Prophet Mohammad (peace and blessings be upon him), Ahle Sunnat Al-Jamaat, Fiqh –Hanafi; establish and promote Islamic educational and extracurricular programs for adults and youth based on the teachings of our beloved Prophet Mohammed(peace and blessings be upon him) lead the establishment of a unified Muslim community welcoming , all Muslims from different backgrounds and cultures; engage with the larger community to promote friendship and understanding between Muslims and non-Muslims in the community. The Imam reports to the Board of Directors
• A degree in Islamic Studies or related field from an accredited educational institution
• Memorization of the entire Quran is desired
• Fluency in English and Arabic (Spoken and written).
• Comprehensive knowledge of Islamic Shariah
• Experience as an Imam
• Ability to interact with and relate to youth
• Ability to work with people of different cultures and backgrounds
• Ability to teach
• Demonstrated experience in conflict prevention and resolution
• Demonstrated experience in Islamic family and youth counseling
• Has a dynamic personality and is a motivational speaker
• Experience in speaking with Non-Muslims about Islam.
• Lead prayers at Masjid Al Fatima, Edmonton
• Give the Khutbah and lead prayer for Jumu’ah and Eid Prayers
• Provide funeral services and guidance
• Conduct matrimonial services
• Offer Islamic family and youth counseling and guidance as needed.
• Provide Hadith studies, Seerah and Fiqh lessons, and other Islamic topics to increase knowledge and provide for the spiritual growth of community members
• Develop and implement Islamic educational programs for the community
• Work with Board of Directors on annual fundraising programs for the community as needed
• Provide consultation to the Board of Directors on religious matters, community issues, and Mosque activities as requested. General Responsibilities:
• Maintain regular and convenient office hours at the Mosque for community members to seek religious counsel and guidance.
• Interact with all persons and organizations, Muslim and Non-Muslim, in a manner that reflects positively on the Mosque.
• Continually strive and conduct oneself in ways that foster unity and a sense of inclusion among all community members, and promote broad participation in Islamic and community activities.
• Lead by example to prevent discrimination on any basis including but not limited to school of thought, gender, race, nationality, ethnic origin, citizenship, political affiliation, or economic status.
• Conduct oneself in a manner that is respectful of the history and diversity of the Muslim community.
• Compensation commensurate with experience
• Flexible work hours
• Volunteer or managed affairs at a mosque: 2-5 years (Preferred)
• Imam/Asst. Imam: 5 + years (Preferred)
• English (Required)
• Arabic (Required)
Authorized to work in Canada
Please send your updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com referencing the job code (Job Code 78601)in the subject line.